The Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools is the umbrella organization for funded, non-profit independent schools in the Province of Manitoba. It represents schools who serve those families in Manitoba that support parental choice and excellence in education. Member schools reflect the diversity of the Manitoba population: Catholic, Mennonite, Canadian Reformed, Anglican, Baptist, Islamic, Jewish, Lutheran, Seventh – Day Adventist, Christian non-denominational and non-faith based, as well as serving many ethnic communities.
THE MISSION STATEMENT OF THE MFIS:
To support and encourage high educational standards and the values unique to our various school communities and to represent the interest and concerns of independent schools in Manitoba.
MFIS SEEKS TO…
- Represent its members at all levels of government
- Strengthen the educational mosaic in Manitoba.
- Encourage cooperation among its schools, together with related educational institution, organization, and departments
- Support its member schools in meeting approved Provincial regulations and mandates.
- Promote the place and responsibility of independent schools in our pluralistic society.
- Respect the diverse heritage, culture and faith of member schools
- Foster the pursuit of high moral and academic standards of member schools