If you wish to place a classified ad in this section of our website, please submit your ads to email@example.com
Note: MFIS will place ads from our member schools only
Term position September 1, 2017 thru June 30, 2018. Teacher required to teach ELA and Social Studies, grades 7 to 9. Applications should be sent to Abed Moussa, Director of Education / Principal, Al-Hijra Islamic School, 410 Desalaberry Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R2L 0Y7. For more information on this position, please contact Al-Hijra Islamic School at 204-489-1300.
Gray Academy of Jewish Education. Term Position (128 days stretched over a year and a half 2017-2019).
Job Posting: Part time EAL Consultant
We are seeking a qualified EAL Consultant who has a strong classroom background/experience in teaching “English as an Additional Language” at a variety of grade levels. In this key role as EAL Consultant, you will be charged with helping to evolve the current EAL approach/program (K-12). Working alongside a team of staff members charged with in-class and out-of-class EAL support, your consultant position will function as coordinator, PD provider, and program developer.
A consultant in this position will typically
- develops educational programs,
- identifies educational and training goals and objectives,
- consults with staff members for identification of staffing or operational needs,
- works closely with the Director of Teaching and Learning and the elementary and high school Principals,
- assists in leveling students,
- creates midterm and final reports on progress of their role.
- Supports teachers with the task of writing up individual learning plans for EAL students,
- demonstrates how to deliver the curriculum in interactive ways, and oversees staff development in EAL instruction.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Attending planning meetings (re professional development and program development) with the Director of Teaching and Learning and other teachers
- Working with EAL department on lesson plans/strategies
As department consultant/coordinator, you should demonstrate a desire to work positively with students and staff in this area. You should bring energy and fresh ideas to the classroom while making an impact on students that will last for the rest of their lives. Additional requirements include:
BA/BS/B Ed (with 5 years of EAL specific experience) is the required minimum; a Post-Baccalaureate or Master’s degree in EAL is preferred.
Applications are being accepted until July 10. Candidates may apply to: Rob Dalgliesh, Director of Teaching and Learning, Gray Academy of Jewish Education, 204.477.7456, firstname.lastname@example.org.