Leadership Series .. #2 Cyber Threat and Cyber Security
November 28 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am| $30.00
MFIS Leadership Education Series #2: Cyber Threat and Cyber Security.
This two-hour information session will be presented by Sean Shore, a lawyer at Canadian Compliance & Regulatory Law. He was previously the Chief Compliance Officer for the Wellington West Group of Companies and following the Wellington West acquisition by National Bank Financial, held a senior compliance role with National Bank Financial. Mr. Shore holds law degrees from the University of Manitoba and the London School of Economics and has been practicing law since 1995.
Mr. Shore will share lessons learned from the investment industry and how they are relevant and applicable to schools and other organizations that are in possession of private information as well anything that may be perceived as having value (and therefore worth taking, exploiting or destroying) and how the current cyber security threats come from both external and internal sources.
At the end of this session, you will:
- Have a better understanding of the nature of the current cyber threat landscape,
- Be aware of the issues that all organizations should consider when deciding if and how they should implement a cyber security regime, and
- Be able to start the implementation of a cyber security regime, including important issues such as written policies and procedures, training programs and cyber insurance.
Here are the details:
- Who would benefit – Principals, Administrators, Vice-Principals, and individuals from your school team involved Information Technology.
- When – Thursday, November 28th, 2019
- Time – 8:30 am to 10:30 am
- Where – Kroft Boardroom at Gray Academy of Jewish Education, 123 Doncaster St., Winnipeg
- Cost – $30 per person
- Continental breakfast will be provided