All schools that seek Membership in the MFIS must meet the below criteria.
Membership Criteria for All Schools
- Must be a school or Association located in the Province of Manitoba
- Must be a non-profit operation
- Must support the Mission, Goals and Objectives of the MFIS
- Must meet all legislative and regulatory requirements
- Must agree to pay fees annually within 30 days of the invoice
To support and encourage high education standards and the values unique to our various school communities and to represent the interest and concerns of independent schools in Manitoba.
Our Goals and Objectives – MFIS Seeks To:
- Represent its members at all levels of government
- Strengthen the educational mosaic in Manitoba
- Encourage cooperation among its schools, together with related educational institutions, organizations, and departments
- Support its member schools in meeting approved Provincial regulations and mandates
- Promote the place and responsibility of independent schools in our pluralistic society
- Respect the diverse heritage, culture and faith of member schools
- Foster the pursuit of high moral and academic standards of member schools