All schools that seek Membership in the MFIS must meet the below criteria.
The Federation’s mission is to represent the interests and concerns of its member schools.
MFIS seeks to accomplish this by meeting periodically with Manitoba Education and Training with respect to legislative, regulatory, curricular and financial matters.
OUR GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Represent its members at all levels of government.
- Strengthen the educational mosaic in Manitoba.
- Encourage cooperation amongst its schools, together with related educational institutions, organizations, and departments.
- Support its member schools in meeting Provincial regulations and mandates.
- Promote the place and responsibility of independent schools in our pluralistic society.
- Respect the diverse heritage, culture and faith of member schools.
- Foster the pursuit of high moral and academic standards of member schools.
MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA FOR ALL SCHOOLS
Schools requesting membership must:
- make application for membership in writing.
- be a funded independent school located in the Province of Manitoba.
- not operate for profit.
- pay fees annually within 30 days of invoice.
- meet all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- agree with the Mission Statement
- support the Goals and Objectives of the MFIS Inc.