A Quality Catholic Education for Grades K-8
St. Emile strives to provide a rich educational and multicultural environment that fosters the spiritual, academic, social and emotional growth of our students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8. We offer a challenging and varied educational setting led by a dedicated teaching staff.
At St. Emile School, we offer:
- A caring faith-based environment
- Affordable fees
- Before and after school programs
- Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten (full-time)
- Multi-media classrooms
- Full time resource/student support program
- Extended basic French program
- Early years music program
- Strong intramural and extramural sports programs
- Student travel program
- Community service opportunities
- Choir, student council, UNESCO / ASPnet Council, and safety patrol programs
- Automated library with an up-to-date book collection and full-time librarian
Full-Day Kindergarten and Nursery Programs
Our full-day Kindergarten program is child centered and activity focused. The Pre-Kindergarten program for four year olds places an emphasis on emergent literacy, numeracy and social skills.
St. Emile Hockey Academy Program Details
The St. Emile Hockey Academy curriculum was developed to provide players with detailed instruction in the foundational skills they need to play the game. Our individual skill development approach allows us to challenge players at all levels with our focused approach on skill acquisition.
The program will allow players to develop and refine fundamental skills in a fun, pressure-free environment, through a focused progression on both power skating and puck skills. The program will feature:
- 6:1 Player to Coach Ratio
- 1 GDI Coach and 2 RINK Coaches present, and 1 coach provided by St Emile School
- Player/Parent progress and feedback meetings at the midway point (December)
- Optional In-Service day full-day camp at The Rink Training Centre
- Combined optional Friday skates with players from both groups*
*Friday skates will focus on game-like application of techniques taught in power skating and skill sessions, using small area games and competitions. These sessions will promote community, teamwork and leadership in a fun environment that is conducive to athlete and personal development.